Dumbbells are a key part of any home gym. They are used in strengthening and conditioning the muscles. Regular dumbbells take up a lot of space in a fitness room, but thanks to Bowflex and their innovative twists on home equipment, working out has become something easy to do.
The Bowflex SelectTech 552 is a hot product on the market right now. If you are looking to amp up your fitness life, this is a great place to start. The Bowflex company has been in the game for many years, and they continue to outdo themselves with state-of-the-art products that increase wellness.
The 552’s have the highest user rating out of any set of dumbbells on the market. While many might buy these dumbbells for the Bowflex name, you can be guaranteed that the purchase is well worth it due to the state-of-the-art technology.
What is the Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbell?
The Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbell is not a product that is new on the market. In fact, adjustable dumbbells have been on the market for years. This specific product is rather a new and improved version of the adjustable dumbbell product that Bowflex is known for.
Before the creation of this product, weight plates on dumbbells involved pins, screws, and removing or adding the plates yourself. This new, unique dial system allows you to quickly switch weights during your workout for easy flow and repetition.
- Each dumbbell adjusts from 5 to 52.5 pounds; adjusts in 2.5-pound increments up to the first 25 pounds
- Lets you rapidly switch from one exercise to the next
- Combines 15 sets of weights into one, using a unique dial system
- Eliminates the need for multiple dumbbells cluttering your workout space
- Two year warranty on weight plates and parts
This product is extremely easy to use and a huge space-saver, so it won’t take up room in your fitness area. Instead of working with 15 sets of dumbbells, the Bowflex SelectTech 552 is one product encompassing many uses. Say goodbye to the traditional dumbbell rack that causes a mess in your workout room.
What are its Key Features of Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbell ?
The Bowflex SelectTech come with various key features that make it unique.
Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dial System
The state-of-the-art adjustable dial system allows for use of only 1 set of dumbbells as opposed to the common 15 set dumbbell stack. Each dumbbell adjusts from 5 to 25 pounds easily – simply turn a dial. The adjustments run in 2.5-pound increments for the first 25 pounds.
Wide Range of Weight Settings
Each dumbbell has about 15 weight settings: 5, 7.5, 10, 12.5, 15, 17.5, 20, 22.5, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50 and 52.5 pounds. This wide range of weight settings allows for a large variety of exercises to be included in your workout.
The dumbbells are encased in a durable molding that keeps the metal plates from clanging together. It should be kept in mind, though, that the casing is not made for multiple hard drops and will become damaged if dropped too frequently.
A variety of workouts is able to be performed with this set of dumbbells. You can work out your back, chest, arms, legs, abdominals, and shoulders. Add on more weight to incorporate lunges and shrugs, and lighten up the dumbbells for curls and raises.
Comfortable Grip Handles
The nice ergonomic handle is perfect for a comfortable grip while working out. Your hands won’t slip and there is no added discomfort due to the textured, rubber handles.
Workouts you can do with Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbell
With the Bowflex SelectTech 552s, over 30 different workouts can be done. All of this in one adjustable set of dumbbells is an amazing piece of exercise equipment. The innovative design allows you to smoothly and effectively switch between exercises during a workout without being interrupted with fumbling and frustration.
When working with these dumbbells, it would be wise to get into a workout routine in order to get the most of out of the product. It is important that you take the time to see how each exercise works best for you. Find the right resistance, customize the workout, and choose the best weight – taking your time will permit you to achieve better results.
Below is a list of different exercises you can do to focus on different body parts:
Back and Biceps
- Dumbbell Deadlifts
- Dumbbell Bent Over Rows
- Dumbbell One Arm Rows
- Dumbbell Curls
- Dumbbell Hammer Curls
- Dumbbell Press
- Dumbbell Flyes
- Dumbbell Incline Press
- Dumbbell Decline Press
- Dumbbell Squats
- Dumbbell Lunges
- Dumbbell Goblet Squats
- Calf Raises
Shoulders and Triceps
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press
- Dumbbell Front Raise
- Dumbbell Side Raise
- Dumbbell Overhead Triceps Extension
- Dumbbell Lying Triceps Extension
Abs and Forearms
- Weighted Crunches
- Weighted Leg Raises
- Weighted Twists
- Forearm Curls (In and Out)
- Farmer’s Walk
How to Fix you Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells if the dials are not turning
- ADJUSTABLE SET OF 2 DUMBBELLS - 5 lbs to 100 lbs in 5-lbs increments. Includes TWO 15.75"x1.15" handles, SIXTEEN 10-lb plates, FOUR 5-lb plates, FOUR 2.5-lbs Plates, and FOUR Collars
- 100% CAST IRON WEIGHT PLATES - fit any standard bar. Baked enamel finish is rust-free and corrosion proof for a lifetime use of fitness and muscle building
- TWO 15.75-INCH TEXTURED CHROME HANDLES coated in high-quality chrome for a secure, non-slip grip. This set does NOT include the chrome barbell rod section.
- STAR-LOCK COLLARS WITH THREADED ENDS make it simple to swap plates while ensuring a safe, secure workout
- EASY STORAGE: Compact, all-in-one dumbbells eliminate the need for multiple dumbbells in your gym, garage, or workout space. Takes seconds to assemble so you can focus on strength exercises, toning muscle, and losing weight. Five-year warranty on weight plates and parts.
Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbell Review – Final Verdict
Bowflex has been a leader in the exercise world for a number of years. The Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells have proven to be a solid contender for many home fitness gurus.
These dumbbells truly excel in every category when it comes to an adjustable dumbbell system. If you are looking for ease and flexibility when working out, the Bowflex SelectTech 552s are perfect for you.
Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbell Alternatives
These dumbells are expensive, there’s no denying that. If you are looking for something cheaper for your home gym, here are some Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbell alternatives.
Jodie is a professional writer and is addicted to cross fit.