Exercise is what keeps the human body, heart and soul, young and in good condition. Everyone knows the importance of exercise, especially when you get older. But just because we know that we should exercise, doesn’t make it any easier. Life gets busy, and it gets harder and harder to find time to go all the way to the gym after work and workout. That being said, there is another solution…buying a home treadmill for running!
Back in the day, home treadmills used to be an extremely expensive and bulky piece of workout equipment, but now you can put one in your home for an extremely reasonable price, and in a small and discrete location. In this article we will be talking about our top 5 picks for the best treadmills for your home that are not only a great value monetarily, small enough to fit in your home, and advanced enough to have all the functions you might need to keep you in tip top shape!
What to Look for in a Folding Home Treadmill
Home Treadmills are an amazing invention that allows you to get your cardio done, indoors and out of the elements. Along with this, it also has been proven to be better for knees and joints, and it also reduces the risk of injury like rolling your ankle on uneven surfaces. That being said, when you are looking for a treadmill to put in your home, you should have a few different things you should be looking for.
The first thing you should look for is the size of the treadmill. When you are putting your treadmill in your home, you don’t want a treadmill that is extremely bulky and literally takes up the whole room. You want a treadmill that still gives you the ability to maneuver through your home.
The second thing you want to look for in a home treadmill is a value based on price. In the exercise market, there are thousands of different treadmills available. These treadmills can range from anywhere between a few hundred dollars all the way up to ten thousand dollars or more. Of course when you are deciding on any big purchase, price tag should definitely play a big factor. Thankfully with treadmills, there are quite a few options that are reasonably price, while being great machines.
Finally, the last thing you should look for in a treadmill is the features available on the machine. Of course, depending on the price of the machine, the functions and abilities are all going to vary. But that being said, you really need to think about what type of functions and features are must haves for your needs, and you can base your decision off of those. For example, I knew I definitely wanted a treadmill that had an incline feature, and had a safety stop feature. So from there I narrowed down my selection process to treadmills that had both of those features. That being said, treadmills are getting better and better at having all the advanced functions and features you might ever need for your home workout!
Brinymo Folding Electric Home Treadmill
- 【SPRING DAMPING DESIGN】 Large spring shock absorption that greatly disperse the shock from running board and effectively protect your ankle and knee joint which helping your muscles recover faster from workout.
- 【REJECT NOISE】 Equipped with the 3.0 CHP silent drive system, workouts upstairs, sleep downstairs; EVA composite belt specifically designed to reduce noise and friction for a quieter workout and longer lasting product.
- 【USER FRIENDLY】 You can control the treadmill esaily as most of control buttons on the control panel or handles. Start/Stop and Speed+/Speed- buttons are designed on the handles. Easy to adjust the speed without stopping the treadmill. (Speed Range: 0.8 to 14.8 km/h)
- 【SAFETY DESIGN＆SPACE SAVE】: Built in auto-stop function. Has been assembled and folded, just need to put the screws on. Foldable treadmill for storage. Portable treadmill wheels for moving.
- 【Warranty】: US STOCK, 285-pound maximum user weight. 2 Years for frame & 1 Years for motor.
The first treadmill on our list, and one of my personal favorites, is the Brinymo Folding Electric Treadmill. This professional style treadmill not only focuses on providing the best workout experience for you, but it also features a folding design that folds the treadmill in half, and allows you to store the treadmill conveniently under your bed or out of the way. This treadmill is one of my personal favorites, and one I consider the best for home workouts because of the mixture between its advanced functionality and its portability.
This treadmill looks very similar to a profession treadmill that you might find in your local gym, which makes it great for home fitness enthusiasts. Along with this, it also features quite a few advanced features that makes it the perfect treadmill for anyone looking for a home treadmill. This treadmill has the following specifications:
• Full Size is 58.7 Inches Long by 27.2 Inches Wide.
• Running Area is 45.3 Inches Long by 17.3 Inches Wide.
• Folds up to 51. Inches Long by 26 Inches Wide by 24.8 Inches High.
• Max Weight Limit of 286 Lbs.
• Speed Range is from 0.5 MPH Up to 9 MPH.
• LCD Display Shows Time Ran, Speed, Distance Ran, Heart Rate, Calories Burned, and Workout Program.
• Built in auto-stop function for safety.
• Features a 3 HP Motor.
This treadmill features a state of the art spring damping design which helps to protect your joints and ankles. When you are running along this treadmill, the shock and force you create while running is absorbed and dispersed throughout the length of the entire treadmill, and helps to reduce stress. This is an extremely awesome feature because not only does it reduce the risk of injury by absorbing the shock of you running, but it also helps your muscles recover faster because your muscles incur less stress.
This machine also features a handful of advanced features which makes it a great choice for your home exercise equipment. This machines features a built in heart rate monitor that detects your exact heart rate during a workout by just placing your thumb on the pulse sensory. Along with this, it comes with 12 pre-set workout programs that are designed to burn fat, build muscle, and improve cardio. With any treadmill you should also make sure it has a safety function. This treadmill has an auto-stop safety function that once you clip yourself in, if you fall too far behind it will stop the machine to help reduce risk of any further injury.
Along with being great for your body, you also need a machine that’s quiet enough for your home. This machine features a 3 horse power silent drive system that reduces noise and running sounds dramatically. This allows you to workout on this machine upstairs without having to worry about you shaking the house and disturbing everyone else.
Along with this, because we are looking for a home treadmill, we wanted a machine that was space conscious, and that’s exactly what this is! This treadmill features a folding design that allows it to save massive amounts of space. It folds from being 48.4 inches high all the way down to 25 inches. This allows you to essentially cut the size down of this machine in half, to easily store and move the machine.
Overall the Brinymo Folding Electric Treadmill is an excellent choice for your home! This machine combines a great treadmill with some advanced functions like a heart rate monitor, but it also combines it with an intuitive folding design that makes the entire machine incredibly portable!
Ziema Electric Folding Home Treadmill
- Favorable Size & Foldable Design: Our treadmill design is meant to help you to save up to 58% space for storage while not compromising the belt size for comfort workout. You will know the differences when you step on it.
- 12 Preset Training Plans & Heart-Rate Sensor: To burn calories more effectly, we specially programmed 12 different running setting, with the help of these preset training plans and heart sensor, you can choose the best plan to suits your need and trace your heart-rate changes to alter different plans.
- Soft Drop System & Adjustable Incline Settings: With the help of soft drop system, you dont need to worry about damaging floor and taking weight of the treadmill when unfolding treadmill for exercise. Meanwhile, incline settings will help you strengthen your workout intensity and provide better workout experiences.
- Amazingly Low Noise Motor and Safety Emergency : Provide safe and quiet workout experience. This foldable treadmill comes with built in safety key to ensure instant shut-off under emergency situation. The 2.25HP motor ensures perfect performance for walking, jogging, running and cardio workout at home.
- Warrenty & VIDEO INSTALLATION GUIDE: 1 year quality warranty for frame and motor. https://youtu.be/r4AcTed1Awc
The second treadmill on our list is the Ziema Electric Folding Treadmill! This machine is extremely advanced with its functions, but it also is extremely lightweight which makes it a great choice for your house! As you will see below, this machine features some great functions that even the Brinymo above didn’t have!
This treadmill features a handful of features that you might see on a professional treadmill, but it does so in an extremely lightweight design. Just looking at it, you will notice that it’s a lot more lightweight than most professional treadmills. The entire treadmill only weighs around 88 pounds, this means you can easily move it around your house, and carry it up or down the stairs if needed! This treadmill has the following specifications:
• Full Size is 59.1 Inches Long by 45.7 Inches High by 26 Inches Wide.
• Running Area is 47.2 Inches Long by 15.7 Inches Wide.
• Foldable Size is 55.1 Inches Long by 25.6 Inches High by 20.9 Inches Wide.
• Max Weight of 265 Lbs.
• Speed Range of 0 MPG to 8.69 MPH.
• LED Display Shows Time Ran, Speed, Distance Ran, and Calories Burned.
• Features a 3 Level Incline Setting!
• Features a Built in Auto-Stop Feature.
One of the biggest difference between this treadmill and the Brinymo electric treadmill is that this Ziema treadmill features an incline feature! This treadmill features 3 different incline settings that allows you to feel an extra burn and challenge yourself on another level! Even with this incline setting, this treadmill features an extremely quiet motor that keeps it running extremely quietly.
Similar to the Brinymo treadmill, this machine also features a great folding design that can literally cut the size of the treadmill in half. It allows you to store the treadmill under your bed, or elsewhere. Along with this, this machine features wheels on the back, and along with its mere 88 Lbs weight, you can move this machine to the perfect spot in your home!
Overall, the Ziema is comparable to the Brinymo in quite a few aspects. They both offer a spacious running area, they both fold down to save space, but the do differs in a slightly different way. The main advantage of the Ziema treadmill is that this features a 3 position incline, which many home treadmills don’t have! I personally love the ability to use an incline function because it makes workouts much harder and gives you more variety.
Hindom Foldable Electric Home Treadmill
- LCD display clearly show Time, Speed, Distance, Heart Rate and Calories. You can adjust your motion state by using these data. 2 items holders, USB, AUD port, shortcut key with start/stop and speed+ /speed- in the handrall are included.
- You can easily select the desired speed via the incremental buttons on the console, or the direct speed keys to progressively take you straight to the pace you need to be running.
- Perfect size and folding design great for home use and contains rolling wheels on the bottom providing simple transport. An 3.0HP extremely low noise motor, safety key setting, speed range：0.8 to 14.8 km/h. Max User Weight: 130kg.
- Excellent deck provides useful cushioning for ankle, back and knee joints which helping your muscles recover faster from workout, Multilayer composite anti-skid and anti-static tape for your best running experience.
- WARRANTY: US STOCK, 2 Years for frame & 3 Years for motor & Friendly Customer Service.
The final treadmill on our list is the Hindom Foldable Electric Treadmill! This is another highly advanced but still portable and mobile enough to be used in your home. Hindom is a quality exercise machine company that is definitely known for their quality and value they bring to their customers, and this is exactly what this treadmill embodies! This treadmill has the following specifications:
• Full Size is 48.4 Inches Tall, 58.7 Inches Long and 27.2 Inches Wide.
• Running Area is 45.3 Inches Long and 17.3 Inches Wide.
• Folded Size is 47.25 Inches Long by 23.58 Inches Wide and 9.45 Inches Tall!
• Max Weight is 220 Lbs.
• Speed Range is 0.5 MPH to 6 MPH.
• LCD Screen Displays Time Ran, Speed, Distance Ran, Heart Rate, and Calories Burned.
• Features an Auto-Stop Feature for Safety.
As you can see from the features above, this treadmill really does have about all the functions and features that you might want in a treadmill. Although this treadmill doesn’t feature an incline feature, it does feature an easy to use heart rate monitor which is extremely useful for monitoring how your body is feeling throughout your workout.
Along with this, this machine features probably the best folding design out of any of the treadmills. This treadmill folds up extremely tightly, and it really about halves the size of the machine for easy storage and portability. Along with this, this machine is also extremely quiet. It features an extremely cushioned running deck which not only is great for your joints and muscles, but it also does a great job at reducing the sound and vibrations that your exercise produces, and keeps the noise extremely low.
Overall this is a great treadmill to purchase for home use. Not only is it extremely lightweight and folds up extremely small for storage, but it also has quite a bit of functionality like the heart rate monitor that will maximize your workout and keep you going! I would definitely recommend this treadmill for someone that is looking for an extremely lightweight and portable treadmill to use for their apartment or condo. It’s also a good choice for homes because you can set it up when you need it and easily fold it smaller and put it in your closet to store.
Final Thoughts on Home Treadmills for running
When you are looking to purchase a treadmill for a home workout, then there really are quite a few choices available to you. That being said, because the treadmill is for home use, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind before you purchase. You definitely want to make sure that the treadmill has some sort of folding design. With treadmills that can fold, you are given the ability to store the treadmill in a closet or in a corner, and then unfold it and set it up when you want to use it. But that being said, just because a treadmill is lightweight and portable, you still want a machine that ahs the functionality and features that you desire for your workouts. For example, there are some home treadmills that have heart rate monitors and incline functions, there are some that might one have one of those functions, and there are others that might have neither. So definitely keep in mind the functions you want in your machine. Overall, there are many choices available for you on the market, and I hope that the three choices above have given you some good recommendations for your home treadmill!