When I’m looking to get some exercise, running is nearly always my go to. There is something about running that really just clears my head, and makes me feel human again. Humans have been running for thousands of years, and it still is considered on of the best workouts for you, and anyone can do it! That being said, although all you really need to run is a good pair of shoes, and some workout clothes. But just because that’s all you need doesn’t mean you shouldn’t upgrade your gear and appreciate what they can bring to the table, and that’s exactly what I suggest with a running pack!
When I first started running, I didn’t think I needed any sort of extra equipment, but soon I started to realize that I needed somewhere to place my stuff as I ran that was more comfortable than putting it in my pockets. I started doing some research online and soon I stumbled upon running waits packs aka fanny packs!
What Are Running Waist Packs and Why Do You Need One?
Running waist packs (or running fanny packs) can come in all shapes and sizes, but they are designed to fit tightly and securely against your body and allow you to place your keys, your phone, your wallet, or anything else in the pack while you run without it getting in the way of your stride. When I first started running I used to put my phone and my wallet in my athletic shorts side pocket. This was acceptable when I was just walking for exercise, but when I would run it interfered with my stride, and I was constantly worried about one of the items in my pockets falling out mid run.
That being said, as soon as I purchased a waist running pack I was able to store all my valuables in the pack without having to worry about anything falling out or being stolen. Along with this, one of my biggest concerns when purchasing was that I didn’t want a pack that would interfere with my stride, and thankfully there are some great options that fit extremely comfortably, and have enough space for anything you might need to put in it. Below you will find my reviews of some of the best running packs on the market today, and packs that I know will allow you to run without having to worry about your belongings!
3 Best Waist Running Packs for the Money
Dimok Running Waist Pack
- CONVENIENT- Keep your most needed items close while exercising or running errands. With your busy life style, it is so important to be able to quickly reach all must-have stuff
- ADJUSTABLE - Fits waist sizes from 28" to 49" with flexible and adjustable belt, you can wear dimok bag on top of clothes as you layer for the winter runs.
- WATER RESISTANT - Neoprene material ensures all your items stay dry, through rain, mud, sleet and snow. It is machine washable and made for heavy duty use.
- SLIMLINE DESIGN - Prevents items from bouncing around while you run, jog, walk or traverse obstacles
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED ONLY WHEN YOU BUY FROM DIMOK - if you are not happy with the purchase, you are welcome to return it for a full refund.
The first running pack on our list is the Dimok Running Waist Pack! Dimok is a relatively new company that focuses on providing reasonably priced fitness gear that is practical as well as stylish. Dimok’s slogan is “Breathe In. Live Out.” Because they really believe in exploring all of what life has to offer, and they really do help with the quality and advantages that their products bring.
This Dimok running waist pack is extremely convenient and comfortable. It fits right at your waist line like a belt, and it features a “Slimline” design which prevents any of your items from bouncing around while you’re running, and it also keeps the shape and size of the pack from interfering with your running stride. This pack is definitely designed to be compact against your body, and kept out of the way. This pack fits tightly right around the hips, and you can wear it either on the front of your body or the back. This waist pack fits waist sizes from 28 inches all the way to 49 inches, which makes it extremely one size fits all because of its adjustable design. Because of just how adjustable the design is, you can wear the pack over nearly any type of clothing (even over winter jackets) without having to worry about the pack slipping off, or any discomfort.
This pack features a large middle zippered pocket which is large enough for your phone or your wallet. Along with this, it features a smaller Velcro pocket which is great for change or any smaller items like that. And finally it features a headphone jack which allows you to feed your headphones through the pack from your phone to your ears without having to worry about leaving the zipper open.
Another great feature of this fanny pack is its water resistant design. The pack is designed entirely out of neoprene, which is the material used to make scuba diving wet suits. This neoprene material makes the packs flexible and water resistant! This means that you can bring these packs in the sleet, the rain, the snow and the mud and you won’t have to worry about the elements leaking into the pack and getting your items wet.
Overall, this Dimok running belt waist pack is an extremely innovative product that allows you to easily and comfortably carry your belongings with you on your runs. Their slim-fitting design allows you to keep your wallet and keys in a pouch that keeps it in place, and limits it from bouncing around during your run. Overall this pack can change the way you exercise, and along with this Dimok offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee, so if you aren’t 100% satisfied, you can ask for a full refund. With that being said, if you are looking for a quality running pack then definitely give this Dimok pack a try!
ENKNIGHT Running Waist Pack Fanny Pack
- OVER THE TOP QUALITY -- The brand new RFID money belt features the finest 100% RFID material quality,to the exterior as well as the interior of its pockets.Larger than the previous model,this beautiful Fanny pack is front is made of 100% high-quality nylon with the properties of lightweight,water-resistant.Smooth to the touch and easy to clean.
- THREE POCKETS -- a front zipper pocket with Headphone jack for iPhone and a big main pocket with two mesh bags and a key chain,there are a RFID pocket in the back with 3 card slot to better protect your credit cards,it easily conceals your valuables, keeping them safe from being stolen.
- LIGHTWEIGHT & ENOUGH SPACE -- With the design of thinness and lightweight,it can provide a high level of safety, even if you wear thin clothes,pickpockets and thieves is difficult to find.In addition,excellently stretchable belt makes the waist pack more perfectly be adaption to your body.Even if you exercise vigorously, the waist pack is like a part of your body, you don't worry that it will fall.
- BIG SIZE -- The waist pack: 11.5 in*5.5 in,small front pocket: 7.6 in*3.5 in;Larger zipper pocket: 10.5 in*4.4 in;The mesh bag inside larger pocket: 6.1*4.13 in and 4.3*4.13 in;The back pocket:10.5 in*4.4 in;Belt width: 1 in;Suitable waist length: 29 in-70 in,fitting for different waist size of men and women.NOTE: please kindly adjust the belt until the length is the best for you.
- ADVANCED RFID BLOCKING DESIGN -- As technology advanced so did the methods of pickpocketing.In contrast to average money belts for travel,we stay ahead of the competition and on top of the newest security features.Our undercover money belt features RFID blocking protection lining in the rear main pocket and this eliminates the possibilities of ID thieves getting to your documents,no matter how skilled they are.Plus,RFID tech means you don't have to buy extra sleeves for credit cards
The second running pack on our list is the ENKNIGHT running fanny pack. This pack is slightly different than the previous Dimok pack because it is larger, and is designed to fit more of your belongings. This nylon crafted pack is 11.5 inches long and 5.5 inches in height. It features one small front pocket, a large zipper pocket that’s 10.5 inches by 4.4 inches which makes it large enough to fit your phone, keys, wallet, a small water bottle, and really anything else you might need it to hold during your run. A great thing about this pack is that it is larger than the Dimok pack, and allows you to hold bulkier items that are needed during your run, like your water bottle, or your phone.
Although this pack is larger than the previous reviewed running pack, it does a great job of not compromising weight. This pack is made of 100% nylon which keeps it extremely lightweight, but still durable. Along with this, because the pack itself is nylon, and the belt is extremely flexible, it makes the entire design very comfortable, and although it’s larger than the Dimok pack, it doesn’t interfere with your stride, and I quite often forget that I have it on. That being said, the belt fits waist sizes between 29 inches and 70 inches, that is quite literally the definition of one size fits all!
ENKNIGHT also goes one step further in innovation and design by including a space that is designed for RFID protection. Inside the large inside pocket there is a small RFID pocket that is designed to hold around 3 credit cards. Inside this little RFID pocket features a lining that protects your cards from any thieves that try to steal your information through RFID technology. This means you don’t have to worry about pickpockets or RFID thieves stealing your cards information when you are out on your run.
Overall this EKNIGHT Running Waist Pack Fanny Pack is a great option for your running pack. It is larger than a few other running packs on our list, and allows you to comfortable hold some of your bulkier items without it interfering in your running stride. Along with this, this pack features a RFID blocking pocket which helps to keep your credit card information safe from thieves as you run! Overall this is an excellent choice of packs if you are looking for one that is a little larger, and allows you to carry more stuff while still staying comfortable on your run!
Stashbandz Travel and Running Waist Belt Pack
- SECURED 4 WIDE POCKETS. NEW CONCEALED ZIPPER POCKET ALL COLORS. Pockets load from the top with pickpocket proof fold over locking flap to secure items. StashBandz Unisex Workout - Travel Belt Fits iPhones and any size cell phone vertical or horizontal, passport holder, ID, money, keys, flask holder, glasses, travel wallet, insulin pump holder, and more.
- MADE IN AMERICA TOP QUALITY. All-in-one fashion, sporting, and travel accessory. A fanny pack, insulin pump belt, running waist pack, and money belt for safe travel. See far left photo for best size.
- DOUBLE THE WIDTH of other running waist packs. Tubular stretch Spandex hip belt 6 inches high with four 8 inch wide pockets. Vertical stretch 7 inches high to accommodate all X-large cell phones.
- HIGHEST QUALITY FABRIC soft but durable. Moisture wicking soaks up sweat, keeps the body cool, phones bacteria free. Stays put for runners with no chafing or bouncing. Non-bulky slimming comfort hides a muffin top. Discreet small logo.
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. We design our own products and manufacture with a family owned facility in the USA. We are the only authorized seller of this Patented, Trademarked product. All images are protected by Copyrights.
The last running pack on our list is the Stashbandz travel and running waist belt pack. This pack is probably the slimmest and most minimalistic designed pack. This pack is truly a waist belt in every sense of the word. This pack is designed out of spandex and nylon which gives it an extremely form fitting design and keeps all your items close to your body and out of your way. Along with this, this pack comes in 7 different vibrant colors, which allows you to pick one that blends in perfectly with your outfit, or not.
Although this pack is probably the smallest and most form fitting pack on our list, it does come with a decent amount of pocket space. This pack features 4 zipper pockets which each have a wide opening. These pockets are top loading, with a flap that folds over and locks to help secure items, and to protect against pickpockets. This belt is large enough to fit your phone, keys, wallet, insulin pump, and pretty much anything you might need during a workout except maybe a water bottle. One of the best parts of this pack, is just how wide it is. This pack has 2 eight inch pockets on the front and 2 eight inch pockets on the back. This gives it a lot more storage space than you might see at first glance. All of these pockets are 7 inches high which makes it more than enough room to put all modern cell phones. Along with this, this running pack is designed and manufactured in America, and the quality is extremely high. The spandex material is extremely durable, and comfortable while you’re running.
As mentioned before this pack is made of spandex and nylon, which is durable and comfortable. This fabric also is moisture wicking, which helps to keep sweat off of your body and not locked in the fabric. This keeps you cool and allows you to run further and harder. Along with this, the moisture wicking properties also keep your phone away from sweat build up. This material is also a great choice because of it’s anti-bacterial properties as well, this material helps to keep sweat and grime from building up and helps to reduce smell after workouts.
Overall the Stashbandz Running Pack is a unique looking pack that keeps your items extremely close to your body, but in a comfortable and form fitting design. The spandex design of the belt gives it a tight fit, but it also comes in six different sizes to ensure a perfect fit no matter the size. I would definitely recommend this pack to someone that is looking for something that minimizes any sense of a running pack, but still needs something to carry their essential items when they go for a run.
Final Thoughts on Running Packs
When I first started running, I would often see people with traditional fanny packs which were extremely bulky and just looked like the always got in the way. I always knew I needed something to hold my phone and my wallet as I ran, but I didn’t want something that would be uncomfortable and hinder my ability to run. Thankfully after doing some research I found running packs. I needed something that was lightweight and form fitting enough so that it would be comfortable, and out my way enough that it wouldn’t impede my running stride. And that is exactly what running packs can be, if you find the right ones!
Out of all the running packs I’ve tried and done my research on, the three that I have reviewed above are my favorites. Each of those packs are great running packs, they’re durable, they’re comfortable, and they just flat out work. That being said, each of those packs above are slightly different. They each have their strengths and weaknesses, and they each are designed with specific needs in mind. That being said, if you are looking for a pack that holds a little bit more than the traditional running pack then you should check out EKNIGHT running waist pack because it has a higher storage capacity. But if you are looking for a pack that feels like you’re not even wearing one, then definitely check out the Stashbandz running pack or the Dimok pack because they are the most minimalistic. Overall, if you know what you want in a running pack then you’ll be able to find the best running pack for your needs!
Image source: Amazon.com